SAFETY

 

Fireworks are exciting and fun when used responsibly. We at Deco Fireworks promote the safe use of all consumer fireworks and like our customers to be safe and responsible with their fireworks. We want you to have an awe inspiring, memorable and safe fireworks experience.

Remember, fireworks can be dangerous, causing serious burn and eye injuries. You can help prevent fireworks related injuries and deaths, and by doing so limiting government sanctions or restrictions for the use of consumer type fireworks in the future.

Follow these safety tips when using fireworks:

  • Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
  • Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and follow the directions.
  • Always have a responsible adult supervise fireworks activities.
  • Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
  • Never relight a “dud” firework.  Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in water.
  • Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
  • Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
  • Light fireworks one at a time, then move back quickly.
  • Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
  • After fireworks complete their burning, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding it to prevent a trash fire.
  • Only buy fireworks from a reputable retailer like Deco Fireworks.
  • FAA regulations PROHIBIT the possession and transportation of fireworks by air in your checked baggage or carry-on luggage. Do not ship or mail fireworks as air parcels.
  • Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
  • Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
  • Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day. (See what can happen with spent fireworks that were not allowed to “cool” overnight or soaked in water…..click on video link here)

 

Links or Interest

National Council on Fireworks Safety